‘Being in the Public Eye Has Put Pressure’ on Him

CARSON, CA - JUNE 04: (For Editorial Use Only) Shawn Mendes attends the 2022 iHeartRadio Vango Tango at Dignity Health Sports Park on June 04, 2022 in Carson, Calif.  (Photo by Rich Polk/Getty Images for iHeartRadio)

CARSON, CA – JUNE 04: (For Editorial Use Only) Shawn Mendes attends the 2022 iHeartRadio Vango Tango at Dignity Health Sports Park on June 04, 2022 in Carson, Calif. (Photo by Rich Polk/Getty Images for iHeartRadio)

Rich Polk/Getty for iHeartRadio Shawn Mendes

After being in the limelight for more than seven years, Shawn Mendes has learned to better manage his mental health.

A source told PEOPLE in this week’s issue that the 24-year-old singer has “been under a lot of pressure in the public eye for a long time”, who announced on social media on Friday that until “further notice”, she would be pushing back three. Will give The upcoming concert weeks are on her Wonder World Tour to “take some time to heal and take care of myself and my mental health”.

While Mendes has had difficulty “finding a balance between work and taking care of her mental health” in the past, the source says that “she is now able to identify triggers that make it difficult for her to slow down and focus on her health.” Make it necessary to focus. He wants to give 100 percent of his energy and focus on his tour and his fans.”

In his statement, Mendes – who began the North American leg of his tour on June 27 – said it has always been “difficult” for him to “live on the road away from friends and family”.

RELATED: Shawn Mendes postpones world tour to ‘take care of my mental health’

While he initially felt ready to “dive back” after “a few years off the road”, he said the decision was “premature and, unfortunately, the toll and pressure of the road took hold of me, and I hit is a breaking point.”

He concluded his statement by saying, “As there are more updates, I promise to let you know with love.”

Mendes previously opened up about having anxiety in a 2018 interview with Beats 1 host Zane Lowe. A year later, he told People that going public with his struggle was “one of the scariest but most important things I’ve ever done.”

RELATED VIDEO: Shawn Mendes Writes His Break-Up Song “Therapeutic”

At the time, Mendes said that addressing her concern over her single “In My Blood”, which would go on to earn a Grammy nomination, was cathartic.

“Just doing that helped me the most,” he said. “I still struggle with it but remember every day that everyone deals with some level of anxiety or pressure; we are all in this together.”

RELATED: Shawn Mendes ‘Getting Help’ After Postponing Multiple Shows to Prioritize Mental Health: Sources

In December 2021 – weeks after his publicly split from girlfriend Camila Cabello of 25 – Mendes said he was having a “hard time” with social media.

After previously thanking his supporters for joining him on his new song “It Will Be OK”, he said, “I’m having a little hard time with social media at the moment, that’s just my relationship with it, but I have There are a lot of people who are sending me videos telling me what is happening.”

“I’ve seen a lot of TikTok people cry and get emotional, and I hope it’s because there’s some truth in the song. [‘It’ll Be Okay’]And therein lies the honesty,” he continued.

For all the details on why Shawn Mendes paused his tour, pick up the latest issue of PEOPLE on newsstands everywhere Friday.

Source link

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.