Lawyers for the singer-songwriter said Thursday that the highly controversial trial claiming Bob Dylan sexually assaulted a 12-year-old girl in New York in 1965 was “withdrawn” by the accuser.
The 69-year-old plaintiff, identified in the trial as Jesse, fired his lawyers amid the deadline for a crucial finding in the case, leading to his dismissal just days later.
Rolling Stone. Other Movies-TV Shows of
The original lawsuit, filed last August, claimed that Dylan “befriended” the accuser and took advantage of his status as a celebrity to gain his trust. It claimed that the musician sexually assaulted and sexually assaulted the girl with alcohol and drugs over a six-week period in April and May of 1965 at the Chelsea Hotel in Manhattan.
Musicians away from New York after Dylan’s historians argue don’t look back On a tour of the UK from late April to at least 10 May of that year, the accused filed an amended complaint, extending his time period to the “spring” of 1965.
In a January response filing, Dylan’s lawyers blasted the trial as a “stupid” money grab from a “psychic” who once said he had been “abducted by aliens and their spaceship.” operated.”
“This case – based on plaintiffs’ alleged conversations with Bob Dylan more than 56 years ago – is a shameless shakedown in the form of a lawsuit. It was filed in bad faith for the unreasonable purpose of extorting huge payments over the threat of negative publicity. The allegation is false, malicious, reckless and defamatory. Extortion will not be taken from Mr. Dylan,” the lawyers wrote.
After the return, Dylan’s attorney, Orrin Snyder, issued a statement saying, “This case is over. It’s outrageous that it was brought up in the first place. We’re glad the plaintiffs left this attorney-driven pretense.” and the case has been dismissed with prejudice.”
best of rolling stone
Click here to read the full article.