Eric Weinberg, Executive Producer on ‘Scrubs’ and ‘Californication,’ Arrested on Multiple Rape Charges

Eric Weinberg, Executive Producer on ‘Scrubs’ and ‘Californication,’ Arrested on Multiple Rape Charges

Eric Weinberg, Emmy-nominated Hollywood writer and co-executive producer on “Scrubs” and “Californication,” was arrested Thursday on multiple sexual assault charges for rape before 2012 and possibly much earlier, the LAPD said.

According to an arrest report, Weinberg approached the young women at grocery stores, coffee shops and other public places, saying he was a photographer who wanted to set up a photo shoot. Police said once the women came to his Los Feliz residence, he would sexually assault them at some point during the process.

Weinberg’s reps did not immediately respond to requests for comment on Thursday. The report identifies him as a “serial attack suspect” and is asking additional potential victims to come forward.

Read also:
Paul Haggis says sexual assault accused appeared at ‘rehearsal’: ‘I definitely have no problem with women’

The LAPD says it believes the victims can go back as far as 1990. Anyone having information is asked to contact the department at (323)561-3272 or [email protected]

Weinberg was an executive producer, co-executive producer or consulting producer on 10 high-profile TV shows prior to 2005, including “Veronica Closet” from 2013–2014 and Charlie Sheen’s post-meltdown show “Anger Management”. He was a writer on that show, as well as several others – including “Scrubs” and Bill Maher’s “Politically Incorrect”, in which Weinberg was Emmy-nominated. He collected five nominations from 1995–2006 but did not win.

Weinberg’s arrest comes amid a wave of post-MeToo movement of Hollywood producers, directors and operators accused of sex crimes in recent months.

“Crash” director Paul Haggis has denied wrongdoing in the rape reported by a British woman during an Italian film festival earlier this summer. The 30-year-old woman says she was repeatedly raped for several days; Haggis says the encounter was consensual and the woman’s statement “seemed to be rehearsal.”

A judge in Santa Barbara recently dismissed all charges against “Atomic Blonde” and “Extraction” producer David Gilead, who was accused by “Ted” actress Jessica Barth of the 2012 assault and another incident. involved an unidentified waitress who said she was raped in 2018. The case was thrown out because proper jurisdiction could not be determined and was sent back to Los Angeles prosecutors.

Read also:
B-movie producer Randall Emmett accused of abusive, ‘sketchy’ behavior in sweeping LA Times report

And a lengthy report from the Los Angeles Times accused B-filmmaker Randall Emmett of “sketchy” and abusive behavior that included setting up a sex-for-roles arrangement with a young actress. He has not been charged with any crime, and his publicist has wrongly denied all charges.

Pamela Chelin contributed to this report.

Source link

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.