Ricky Martin's lawyer has denied allegations of domestic violence against the singer in a new statement.  (Photo: Lionel Hahn/Getty Images)

Ricky Martin’s lawyer responds to alleged domestic violence claims

Ricky Martin's lawyer has denied allegations of domestic violence against the singer in a new statement.  (Photo: Lionel Hahn/Getty Images)

Ricky Martin’s lawyer has denied allegations of domestic violence against the singer in a new statement. (Photo: Lionel Hahn/Getty Images)

Ricky Martin’s lawyer speaks out after allegations of domestic violence against the singer.

In early July, the Associated Press reported that a restraining order had been filed against Martin. At that time, the identity of the complainant was protected under the Domestic Abuse Prevention and Intervention Act. The documents stated that the petitioner feared for his safety.

Martin denied those claims. The former Menudo star made a social media statement on the matter.

He wrote, “The protection order registered against me is completely based on false allegations, so I will answer through the judicial process with the facts and dignity that is my specialty.”

“Since this is an ongoing legal matter, I cannot make a detailed statement at this time. I am grateful for the countless messages of solidarity, and I receive them wholeheartedly.”

Spanish news site on July 13 marka reported that Martin’s nephew Denis Yadeel Sanchez had filed a complaint against his uncle. Sanchez claimed that her uncle had physically and mentally abused her during a seven-month long romantic relationship.

Now, Martin’s attorney, Marty Singer, is speaking out.

“Unfortunately, the person making this claim is dealing with deep mental health challenges,” Singer said in a statement to Yahoo.

“Ricky Martin, of course, is not – and never will be – in any kind of sexual or romantic relationship with his nephew. This idea is not only untrue, it’s disgusting,” he adds. “We all hope that this person gets the help he urgently needs. But, above all, we are waiting for this terrible case to be dismissed as soon as a judge looks at the facts.”

marka claims that american crime story If found guilty, the star could face up to 50 years in prison.

Martin is also currently being sued by his former manager, Rebecca Drucker. Drucker claims the “Livin’ La Vida Loca” singer is owed more than $3 million dollars in unpaid commissions.

Diversity The report said the documents refer to “potentially career-ending allegations” that Drucker was able to defend the singer’s career and guide Martin through 2020.

Source link

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.